Friday, October 29, 2010

Quit smoking for better sex!

So I've been trying to quit, and slowly I'm realizing how my body is changing with the benefits I've been gaining. Thankfully, the friends have been encouraging, and most importantly, understanding. Keeping my home smoke free, and best of all, I'm sure they benefited too, since they are also cutting down on their habits.

Some benefits:

Firstly, I'm able to exercise more comfortably. I've manage to complete my first 5k on the treadmill, though the timing's still a little slow, but I'm happy to have completed it for the first time in my entire life. Timing is something I'll be working on the next time in the gym.

Secondly, being able to breathe better. Its obviously a positive thing.

Thirdly, body feels warmer. Definitely a plus when you're living in a country that has 4 seasons, and that winter is here. My heater is set to a lower temperature, and I'm managing it better. Everyone's complaining that its too cold in my house, but I'm really liking it the way it is now. Everyone's piling on layers of clothes, but I'm happy in my T shirt and jeans.

Most important of all, the sex drive is up! And I think its a proven fact that I'm not the only one feeling this way. I did a Google on this, and noted that other quitters also felt the same. It seems that the improved blood circulation does help keep the body warm, and because of the improved circulation, the blood is diverted to everywhere in the body, which includes your sexual organs, which leads to better sex! Its AWESOME when you quit, and your entire body changes with it, and your marriage instantly feels renewed, because you enjoy sex so much more, and its just cause of one step you took to improve your health.

Its no doubt that sex is important to a certain extent in a relationship, but also does hinder quite a bit sometimes. Even as a smoker myself, the smell does turns me off when I go to bed hoping to feel all romantic, but the breathe smells like a stale ashtray. While I always knew smoking was bad for health, I never knew how quitting would improve my life so much.

I have not entirely quit the stick. I still indulge in a stick or 2 a day, but I'm feeling the changes, and I'm pushing myself to throw it away entirely. I don't feel the need to indulge in a stick to wake myself up, or to make a meal feel complete. But I'm feeling the need to keep my mouth busy because I keep wanting to eat more and more! I'm trying to convert my attention to exercising, and pushing my body really hard to it. Since, I'm trying to improve my health, why not go all out?

Join me will you? I'm sure your partner will love you more for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment