I have no idea what's the correct name for this soup, but I do know that this soup is what his mum always cooks when we were back in SG. The husband has been missing home quite a bit, and he's been slightly under stress, so I want to replicate something that he might be missing from home, to make him feel slightly better. It sure did turn out great, and he loved it. Drinking this soup made me think of family too. I miss mum & dad alot.
Recipe: Sweet corn with Pork soup (serves 3)
Pork ribs / loin, cut into bite size pieces ( i used 3 pieces of pork steaks here, we're huge carnivores)
1 corn cut into 3 pieces
2 carrots peeled and sliced thickly.
1. Boil enough water to cover all the pork. Pour the pork in when its boiling, leave for 15 mins. There should be alot of scum and oil on the surface. Remove from heat and rinse with water.
2. Refill the water to desired soup amount, ard 2 litres, at medium heat, and let it go to a boil.
3. Add in corn and dates, and put to low heat. Set timer for2 hours.
4. Add in carrots and set timer for another 1 hour.Season with salt to taste.
5. Soup is now ready to be enjoyed.